Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ladbrokes: 244 dollars
Pacific: 235 dollars

Total: 479 dollars

A BIT OF ANALYSIS

I was off work with a cold one day this week so naturally I played a bit of poker. I thought it would be interesting to do some analysis of my play. I played for two hours at 25/50 on Pacific and these are my stats from the session...

Big blind: 15. Played: 10 Hands won: 3
Small blind: 12. Played: 6 Hands won: 2
Early position: 18 Played: 3 Hands won: 1
Middle position: 29 Played: 10 Hands won: 3
Late position: 27 Played: 8 Hands won: 3

Total hands: 103 Played: 37 Hands won: 12

% of total hands actually played = 36%
% of winning hands from all hands dealt = 11.6%
% of winning hands from all hands played = 32%

I actually ended the session up a whole 1.70 dollars!

My best hand was 76 suited in late position which won me 7.40 dollars when I flopped a 7 and a 6 and then hit another 7 on the turn. My worst hit was QQ in the Small Blind which was beaten by a flush on the river.

I was playing fairly loosly in early and middle position as there was very little raising before the flop, so I could get in cheap. That being the case, I think my hands played percentage played is not unreasonable. These are very loose tables and you have to respond accordingly. Funny enough it doesn't feel as if I am playing as many hands as that. This is probably because a lot of them (well over a third) are "Big Blinds" that I don't have any choice about playing.

Since the general expectation is that a reasonable player can expect a profit of between 1 and 2 "big blinds" per hour, then I suppose this is a "par" performance. One thing I haven't been doing is making a note of how much time I am playing. I must start doing that so that I can get a count on my "win per hour" rate.

At least I hope it will be "win per hour" - this hasn't been a good week.

I took a bath at the .50/1.00 tables early in the week (multiway pots gone wrong being the main culprit - see comments in last weeks post) so moved back down to .25/.50. A combination of bad beats and poor play (a nasty dose of "callitis") saw me decline to the low 220's. Then I get the "blue screen of death" and windows dies big style. I've spent a couple of days just getting my system functional again and only a reasonable session on Saturday night for a couple of hours got me back to 235. At least I seem to have my game working again.

4 comments:

Juice said...

K why dont you invest in Poker tracker or poker office, to help you track your game?

_Kronsdat said...

Yes, I think you are right, I'll look into it. Which of the two would you recommmend - baring in mind that I am primarily playing on Pacific at the moment?

Juice said...

Well The edge tells me that Poe doesnt work at pacific. And if you want to use Poker tracker it will be 65 dollars. Personally since ive only used PT i cant really comment on how they compare heads up. It is quite nice to be able to look at every big hand that you lost or won to analyse your play and also its handy to see whether you or your opponens are playing too loose.

I quite like the fact you can get PT to rate other players and yourself. Which is handy. U can then inlay stats onto your table.

Ive found it pretty useful. Although you still need to put in the time to improve your game

_Kronsdat said...

Thanks for that J. It sounds like Poker Tracker is the one then since there isn't much point in having something that doesn't work on Pacific. That's where I'm putting in my time at the moment.

Going ok so far this week :-)