Sunday, April 29, 2007

"...the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune..."

Neteller: Last week $68; Current $100 (+32)
Inter: Last week $8; Current; $8 (-)
William Hill: Last week $58; Current $58 (-)
Ladbrokes: Last week $116; Current $170 (+54)
CD: Last week $140; Current: $149 (+$9)

Total: Last week $420; Current $485 (+$65)

Profit for April: +75

A week of big swings. My downswing of last week continued at the start of the week and the CD account was down below $100 at one point. I didn't feel that I was doing anything wrong, it was just a continued combination of bad beats and my good hands failing to score heavily - twice I was hurt by flopped straights being matched at the river when my key card was duplicated on the river - splitting the pot. However, and I was pleased by this, I didn't panic and managed to ride it out.

Things turned round on Friday night when I played one table on CD and another wonderful table of 1/2 on Laddies. On the CD table I just made steady progress, but the Laddies table was a wonder to behold. There was a whole bunch of Scandies punting like it was going out of fashion (60%+ flops seen). In this environment I was able to see more flops in late position with the likes of suited connectors and small pairs with a high liklihood of getting paid off. This duly transpired - I only hit two good hands but was able to score heavily with both of them.

Faith is restored.

It's just a pity that Laddies is so depopulated most of the time. It might advertise itself as the most popular poker room in Europe, but that certainly isn't saying much for the others.

4 comments:

Juice said...

Good to see it turning around K!

You watching the champions league this week?

Im not sure if united can hold out with their defence.

_Kronsdat said...

Hi J. It has to be interesting - they have a poor defence, but what an attack! Very old fashioned football, but none the worse for that.

Do you know how I put links on the blog? I can't figure it out.

I see I am still a bit behind you on the fantasy league - I'll see if my changes can push me home :-)

Juice said...

Personally my money was on milan and chelsea before the semi final. In the first half i thought united were getting overrun a bit but then milan seemed to just drop off them in the second half. Perhaps it had something to do with gattuso and maldini. Have to say some of the united defending was appalling. True Kaka was class but what were those defenders doing? I think so long as giggs and ronaldo can stretch milan united could be ok. Not sure united can keep a clean sheet though.

Juice said...

The fantasy football didnt really take off but hey even in a three man league i will take the win! :-)