Sunday, September 09, 2007

"...so it goes..."

Neteller: Last week $358; Current $358
PokerStars: Last week $220; Current $208 (-12)
CD: Last week $288; Current $230 (-58)

Current Total: $796 (-70)

I didn't play much this week and what I did play, didn't get very far...until Friday night. I played the "Raise the River" league tournament and finished 6th. Poor play at the end. I went all in with AJ in early position and was called and beaten by AK as I deserved to be...poor concentration I should never have been in the hand.

I followed that with a very poor session on CD where I in the space of an hour I lost with AA, KK and QQ.

BAD BEAT STORIES WARNING

The AA one was the worst. I was beaten by 87 suited when he hit a straight on the river. I was in the Big Blind and he raised 4x ($2) on the button. I raised him by $10 and he called?? The flop came Q92 rainbow and he called my all in??

Then we get a 10 on the turn and a Jack on the river. What can you do?

On Saturday I decided to play some tournaments for a bit of light relief. In the CD No Limit 300 player points tournament I finished 19/429. The sad part was that I thought I'd made the final table. In my last hand I had AA in the big blind which I raised all in. I got two callers from bigger stacks. I was counting my chips when an Ace hit on a rainbow flop only (you guessed it) for one them to hit a runner, runner flush on the river. Pissed off? Me? Too right I was!

Meanwhile I had inadvertently (again, SIGH) entered a Limit tournament on Stars. I made the money there too (20/639). They are a funny business Limit tournaments. Early doors, they are very easy. You just sit there until you have a hand and then bet it like hell when you do. No problem. Once you get into the serious blind levels however, you have to change mentality completely, as it becomes much more like a No Limit tourney with blind stealing, bluffing etc. The trouble is it takes 2½ hours to get to the interesting bit! I had to pack it in and just let myself be blinded out at 12.45 in the morning, when it was obvious it was going to take another hour or more to sort the thing out. Now if I could start one of these early enough there might be money to be made here - this was a free to enter $1000 jobbie and I'm sure I would have made the final table if I'd been able to play on. One to think about.

4 comments:

dD said...

limit will do nicely ... if u remember the amount of time required ...

sad but true i love HORSE :)

regards

dD

Anonymous said...

It seems as though you are getting very good at these tournaments Kronds!!!

Those beatds are horriffic though and to be honest there is absolutely nothing more you can do!

Keep making those plays and you are going to get paid heavily in the long run!

_Kronsdat said...

Hi dD and Mik

Yes - I know those sorts of things are going to happen and have learned over time to accept them reasonably well - never fun though at the time :-(

I think my tournament play is improving though my play on the last two rtr tournies rather belies that. In one I went all in too early with too weak a hand and in the other I called a raise all in when deep down I knew I shouldn't.

Still learning I guess.

Anonymous said...

We are all still learning this game mate, but yes, your results in those tough games are speaking for themselves IMO.

We will battle at the felt again soon sir!