Sunday, October 14, 2007

"REBUILDING"


Neteller: Last week $140; Current $140 (-)
PokerStars: Last week $202; Current $157 (-45)
CD: Last week $249; Current $249 (-)
Titan: Last week $259; Current $240 (-19)

Total = $782 (-68)

I've been suffering with my computer over the last couple of weeks - hence no post last weekend. I've had to totally rebuild the thing which has taken a lot of time and I've lost a lot of data in Poker Office and so on. SIGH.

Meanwhile I had a number of bad setbacks playing $50 buy in cash games on Stars and Titan. Just the sort of "bad beats" you have to expect (I'll spare you the details) but irritating nevertheless.

I decided to retrench and dropped back to multi-tabling on the $20 tables on Titan. This is quite easy to do, as you can get all four tables on your screen and move between them quite easily. For various reasons I was only able to play about 3 hours like this, but it went well and I recovered about $50 or so. That looks like what I'll be playing for the time being.

I'm just about to start the $40,000 blogger tournament on Stars as I write this. It will be interesting to see how deep I can get (not to mention the other RtR folk who are playing). There are 1337 starters, so it will be a great achievement to make the money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*speaks in an embarrased tone*

I am really sorry for busting you out with my AQ vs your VERY dominant AK.... Apologies mate. Well done for taking it so well, i would probably have had a Hellmuth moment!

Anyway i used your chips wisely to keep the title to this side of the pond!

_Kronsdat said...

No worries Mik. We've all done it and had it done to us. One thing I have learned about dealing with that sort of thing, is not to immediately launch myself into another tournament - I tend to donk out of that too. Best to just retire hurt, which is what I did this time.

As they used to say on Hill Street Blues, "Let's go do it to them before they do it to us!"