Sunday, November 18, 2007

A PLEASING WIN

Well, would you belive it - I've just won the last of the RTR league games to qualify to represent the forum in Nottingham at a live event. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but it was certainly a lot of fun to play.

What especially pleased me was that I ended up heads up against "Cogsgoine" who thumped me when down to the final two in the first game of the series. I can't say I didn't have a bit of luck, but hey, you have to get that in this sort of thing. Mine came in the very last hand, which sealed the win, when I went all in on a 3 spade flop with my two nines hitting a third. He followed me all in - as he would, since he had two spades for the flush. Well, what do you know - the case nine fell on the river!

There were only 14 players, but it was much more satisfying to end up top of the heap against them than any 100s+ player tourney, since all of these guys (and gals) can actually play.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I am interested in discussing some cross web advertising with you but I couldn't find any contact details on your site.

Please contact me at jon.lazarus@onlinemediarelations.co.uk

Best regards

Jon Lazarus
Search Engine Marketing
Online Media Relations

_Kronsdat said...

Hi Jon

I'm not really interested in advertising - this site is purely recreational.

Anonymous said...

Very well done krons!! Congs is no sluch and a very good player so to take him HU was a great acheivement!! Well done.

btw, getting brain to add those points for you mate.

_Kronsdat said...

Cheers Mik. I enjoyed the game. I checked the odds and I was 22% v 78% to hit one of my 10 outs on the river v Cogs. Instictively I'd thought I was a bit better than that with 10 outs - any card pairing the board plus a 9, but apparantly not.