Sunday, July 16, 2006

"NOT MUCH HAPPENS, AS HAPPENS SOMETIMES."

Neteller: Current $73
CD: Start $94; Last week;$137 ;Current $128 (-9)
Inter: Start $50; Last week $32; Current; $37 (+5)
Total Start $185; Last week $244 ; Current $240 (-4)

It's been one of those up a little bit, down a little bit but no great excitement sort of weeks. It might have been better had one of the large multiway pots I was involved in turned up trumps but it wasn't to be. One of them was particularly sad. The world and his dog opted into a hand with me limping in also with QJ off. I hit a Q for top pair on the turn and it held up on the river, with lots of folk calling down because of the size of the pot, but sadly I lost to KQ off. So it goes.

Still I'm more than three quarters of the way to the bonus now, which is a very decent $80.

I'm still opening a second table on Inter from time to time, but not making a lot of progress so far. I'm having to play .25/.5 because of my very low bank roll. I really could do with clearing the $50 bonus there so that I can reasonably take a chance on moving up a level.

3 comments:

Juice said...

Hey K,

Sorry i havent checked in on your blog for a while. My computer just gave up on me and i had no internet access but for my work computer.

Is that post title a quote from something. I thought it was somethign happened by jospeh heller but im probably wrong.

the problem ive found with bonus clearing on a small br is that its takes so long at hte lower stakes!

Dont worry about the swings. I think the key to the micros is having a stable mental state.

J

_Kronsdat said...

Hi J

I agree on all counts.

Thanks for thinking I was making a literary reference, but no, I made that up :-) The book you are thinking of is "Something Happened", which is by Heller (when my wife finished it she said "nothing bloody happens!"

See my latest post for the bonus update.

Juice said...

ah yes thats what i meant.

I know there is a school of thought that says that something happened is better than catch 22 but i dont really see it. Do you really need to go on for so long to show that nothing really happens?