Sunday, July 02, 2006

"Slump continues"

Neteller: Current $73
CD: Start $94; Last week;$69 ;Current $62 (-7)
Inter: Start $50; Last week $45; Current; 25 (-20)
Total Start $185; Last week $187 ; $160 (-27)

My dispiriting slump continues. That these kind of prolonged downturns can happen is underlined by Pete Birk's blog where he too reports a heavy loss on the month, even at sites and levels he normally cleans up on.

I had a foray into the world of "No Limit" on CD, but the whole of my losses there can be traced to one hand where my pair of kings were bashed on the head by a pair of Aces. He even hit on the river, though of course he didn't need to. My skill level at No Limit is too low to work with such a limited bankroll, so I'm trying to retrieve the thing with Limit games.

On CD I had myself right up over $100 by the middle of the week but a severe downturn in fortunes dropped me straigh back down again. I hope I see the end to this wearing run soon.

7 comments:

Juice said...

What did you think of the england performance on saturday?

Im still depressed :-(

Maxwell Adams said...

I thought the England performance was great. Now all those chavs can take those non fuel efficient flags off their cars.

_Kronsdat said...

I thought that Lampard was dreadful and should have been substituted when it was obvious that he wasn't going to find his form. They tried hard but that wasn't good enough in the end. Portugal were poor I thought. They had no bite up front and didn't look like scoring a goal in open play.

For me the revealing thing has been the form of Germany who are getting much more out of what is on paper a weaker set of players. So - it comes down to the manager.

Juice said...

I think you are right although i do think there are some players who have done ok. Cole has done ok. Gerrard has been ok. Lennon did wel when he came on and ashley cole got better as the tournement goes on. Other than that im not too sure. If you look at who has contributed during this world cup what do you get

Becks :1 goal, 2 assists
Gerrard: 2 goals
Cole: 1 goal 1 assist
Crouch: 1 goal

Oh and i should probably say hargreaves did well as well. But again everyone is trying to perform in a strugglign team so is it fair to judge. Aslo i think joe cole is judge harshly given its not his natural position on the left. He should cut in as much but you know he has done ok.

Juice said...

hows the inter challenge going>

_Kronsdat said...

I have picked up a little bit on Inter but the really good news is that I have picked up period and have really bounced back on CD. I have an 80 dollar bonus to work off there by the end of next month, which I should achieve.

I am mainly two tabling with Inter.

Juice said...

two tabling eh? well i might need to pick up my game. I too have a bonus to work off