Sunday, July 22, 2007

VICTORY IN THE BLOGGERMENT!!!

Well blow me if Paddy's victory at the Open didn't translate into a follow up triumph in the bloggerment!

I trundled along early on getting nowhere slowly, until shortly after the first break. "Bluescouse" (who gave me a good pasting a few weeks back) made a big reraise just in front of me. I went all in with my pair of 10's and took down his 8's.

That effectively turned round the whole thing for me. I was able to do some stealing thereafter and got through to the bubble, which proved to be a very extended experience - particularly since I was dying for a pee at the time :-)

Anyway, I hung on in there with fortunes fluctuating back and forth and eventually Mike Saban was the man to suffer and it came down to a three way between "Hammerheid", "Spid" and myself. This too proved to be a long drawn out battle with many more fluctuations, but when I managed to take "Hammer" down, I ended up with a huge chip advantage against "Spid" and the rest was inevitable.

I have to say it would have been great fun even if I hadn't won, but winning made it all the better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great win Champ! Well done for taking the title away from the mighty English too!!!!

Good aggressive play won you the game. Well done.

ATB

BM

Juice said...

bet you love NL now eh? congratulations!

_Kronsdat said...

Thanks guys.

I must say I am enjoying playing No Limit and tournaments a lot more than grinding out the money at Limit. If I got a bad run at Limit (as you have to bear with from time to time) it would really cheese me off.

I seem to have worked out a working game for low level No Limit and much to my surprise my tournament play has improved immeasurably mainly as a result of playing the bloggerment. I have learned a lot about the different techniques for tourneys by watching the other players.

I came third in a 110 player tourney on Stars last night and was actually chip leader going into the last 3 - took me to 12.30 though - it's just as well I'm off work at the moment!

Anonymous said...

great to hear Krons!

Keep up the good work. WSOP next year? ;o)

ATB

BM

dD said...

"well blow me ..."

sorry mate, congrats and well done ! will have to suffice ... he he he

regards

dD