Saturday, March 27, 2010

A WHOLE NEW POKER CONCEPT!

Absolute Bet: Last week $646; Current $841 (+195)
Poker Stars: Last month $168; Current $153 (-15)
Total = $994 (+180)
Profit on the month = +$180
Profit on the year = +$267

B&M = £94 (+£34)
Betfair = £165 (-£35)
Total = £259.
Profit on year + £59

Some more fine entertainment at the Cricket Club game. We've had another influx of young players from the club, displaying I think it is safe to say a broad spectrum of ability. One of them was in a pot with a regular. Early doors, the reg goes 3xBB and the new guy calls. K42 rainbow - Reg bets pot. New guy calls. Turn 8. Pot bet; called. River J. Pot bet: called. Reg turns over AK. The new guy shows 10 6 off. One of his mates asks him, "What was that all about?" "I was bluffin'!"

It's a whole new poker concept folks - the bluff call!

Meanwhile I've continued to do quite nicely in the game - I've cashed every time I've played, bar one, since Christmas. Even then it's not a write off as there is a "cash game" full of LAG's that you just have to wait for a hand to get paid off in.

I've lumped that little wedge in with the Betfair/APAT stuff, as it is all geared towards playing in a live High Stakes Poker Tournament at some point in the year. The Manchester team is in there pitching in Division 1 of the APAT league, but I have yet to make a significant contribution - hopefully this weekend will see that put right.

My "bread and butter" $11 SnG's on Absolute have been going nicely. 27 games played with 7 1st places making the big difference from earlier this year. I had been playing the odd $11 tournament (the "$1200 Guranteed") but these seem to have disappeared now. However I have spotted some soft looking 36 man SnG's (1st prize $144). I didn't cash in the two I've played but I'm sure I can. The current "cunning plan" is to play one of these every time I make a 1st place in a $11 SnG. We shall see.

No comments: