Sunday, December 11, 2005

Ladbrokes: 231 dollars
Pacific: 99 dollars
Total: 330 dollars

A really good week. I have made good progress on both sites (despite the fact that I have played a lot less this week) and, more improtant, I am sure I know why I have made that progress!

I've been playing position a lot more effectively on both sites as per Sklansky (and just about everyone else you care to name). However the big difference has been on Pacific Poker. There the key has been table selection. Despite the fact that there are so many tables to choose from it is actually quite difficult to get seated at Pacific Poker. In the past I have tended to just move about from table to table until I find a spare seat and then start playing. However I realised that this was a mistake. I was missing out on the more "fishy" tables, with high percentages of players seeing the flop. So I decided to wait until I could get on a potentially fishy table and see if it made a difference.

Too right it did. In an hour I had restored my position to above 100 dollars (30+ on the session). I did find at this point that I got a bit over confident and made a couple of mistakes so that was the sign to get out. However there was no doubt about the lesson learned. Find the right table. It's not about "playing" its about "making money" and that is much more likely on a weak table.

2 comments:

Maxwell Adams said...

Hey Kronsdat,

Well done on your recent victories.

Which tables are you on these days? I'm currently trying to learn $0.10/$0.20 NL at Laddies with Jeinsen but it isn't paying the bills. I'm therefore considering a return to limit.

The Edge.

_Kronsdat said...

Good to hear from you. I'm still playing the 15/30 ring games at Laddies as a "steady earner" but mainly looking to progress on 25/50 ring games at Pacific. Once I have that game nailed, I will move to the 50/1.00 dollar tables. I've decided to hang fire on the no limit for a bit. It's such a totally different game requiring different skills.