Sunday, December 04, 2005

4th December

Ladbrokes: 207 dollars

Pacific: 72 dollars

Total: 279 dollars

A bit of a swings and roundabouts sort of week. I continue to work effectively on Laddies but on Pacific I've been on a loser again. I'll keep plugging away until I find out why.

On Laddies I was assisted by a maniac bettor called "frame". I sussed him quickly and managed to change my position on the table so that I was immediately behind him. From there I could pick him off, and I managed to nail him 5 times with top pair or top pair and better kicker. He was making enough off the others to keep him in the game so it was a nice position for me. A useful lesson learned on "managing manicas", as I have been troubled by them in the past.

Sklansky's classic book, "Hold 'em Poker" is all that it is billed to be. Excellent advice, concisely given. The trick of course is to incoporate it into my play. I know from Chess, that a book is only as good as the amount of use you make of the information given!

No comments: