Saturday, December 24, 2005

Ladbrokes: 237 dollars.
Pacific: 151 dollars.

Total: 388 dollars.

I've hardly played at all on Laddies but have continued to make good progress on Pacific. I feel I am getting a better read on the general run of players there now. They are loose (50% seeing the flop is regular) and a lot of them will chase down a flush with any two cards. When a third flush card appears on the river and a dutiful caller starts betting you've got to believe him. There is also a strong proclivity to slow play a top pair on the flop - I'm not sure why this should be so prevelant, but I have come across quite a few players doing it. It's very rare on Laddies.

You can't beat the nuts at Christmas!

My favourite hand of the week came when I collected a pair of nines as dealer. I raised when it came round to me and got 3 callers. The flop came 259 rainbow (lovely). I raised again and they all dutifully followed. The turn was a 2. Nice - the nuts - full house. Even better, one the villains bets into me and we cap it out, with one of the limpers still tagging along. The river is a Queen. Theoretically I could be vulnerable to 2 queens but it has to be very long odds against that. We cap it out and I duely take it down with my opponant having three 2's. A nice early Christmas present.

A happy Christmas and prosperous new year to all our readers!

3 comments:

Maxwell Adams said...

Hey Kronsdat,

Well done at Pacific.

I know I've probably already asked you, but is that chess thing real time or just a move whenever thing. I'd like to give you a game some time, but a play by email style format would be more suitable for me than a real time game (as I'll probably try to play Poker at the same time and get killed at both!).

Happy Chrstmas mate,

The Edge.

_Kronsdat said...

Hi there. The Chess should suit you fine if that's the sort of game you fancy. The url is at http://www.schemingmind.com The site is free and you play by email. If you sign up as the Edge, I'll track you down on the site and issue a challenge!

Juice said...

What a shark! Mr Edge be careful!