Sunday, February 19, 2006

A FAREWELL TO LADDIES.

Ladbrokes: 44 dollars
Pacific: 358 dollars
Party: 159 dollars

Total: 551 dollars


It's a shame since it is the site where I "learned my trade" so to speak, but I am definitely saying farewell to Laddies. I have tried for the last couple of weeks to play a table on Laddies alongside a table on Pacific but to no avail. I just can't find a ring game at .25/.50 or .50/1 to play on. I've opened an account on Party Poker, taken out a few dollars and I will take it from there. I'm currently playing mainly there so that I can claim my bonus. I've left a few dollars in Laddies in case I want the odd game there some time, but until the traffic thickens up I can't see me playing there much.

Party hasn't been much fun however. It was billed as almost as fishy a site as Pacific, but it's nothing like in my experience. My first session was fine - very similar to Pacific and I finished up 9 dollars - but subsequently I have only met very tight tables. Three people seeing the flop is a big multi-way pot and hands which just go to the big blind without anyone seeing the flop are far from a rarity. This is the sort of thing I had expected to see much higher up the pecking order. There are so many tables that I am sure the sort of loose players I am looking for are to be found, but the front end doesn't make that search easy. I'll play out my bonus and survey the thing thereafter.

At the moment I am definitely favouring Pacific. Since I've made 258 dollars there in 10 weeks that is hardly surprising.

So the plan is to hit 600 and then look at the 1/2 tables on Pacific or 2 table .5/1 on Pacific and Party.

3 comments:

Juice said...

I wonder what it would be like if you me and the edge ever sat down at the same table. You'd probably kill us at the limit table.

Are there any good bonus's at Party? Im thinking of making a move somewhere to progress my poker?

Id go to pacific but i just cant stand the software

_Kronsdat said...

Hi J. Will send you an email about this.

K

Maxwell Adams said...

Hey K,

Have you managed to keep away from Laddies? I've been saying that I'm going to stop playing NL there for the last 3 months, but keep on going back for some reason.

The Edge.