Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ladbrokes: 244 dollars
Pacific: 328 dollars

Total: 572 dollars

QUIET TIMES.

I haven't actually played much this week, so I suppose +12 is ok, though I was up in about 30 at one point, before I had a downturn last night. The downturn culminated in the arrival of my old nemisis "the large multiway pot". I had AQc in late position which I raised, getting 3 callers. The flop came 10c 4c 8s. Very inviting (nut flush draw and 6 possible "overcards"), so I bet again and everyone called. The turn is Ks. This doesn't help me except to provide me with some more outs in the case of any jack but the spade. The others start betting now competitively now and I call this down. The turn is 6s. I'm beat and down 5 dollars. So it goes.

On a more positive note I did pick up a nice pot against a maniac bettor called, appropriately enough "Nuts06". He was displaying all the maniac tendencies before and after the flop and had a couple of other players "running with him". I didn't have much involvement, as I simply wasn't getting any hands worth playing, when finally I hit an AK off, which hit a king on the flop. I took Nuts and his pals for 22 dollars with that! That was it, it was the only hand I seriously played in an hour.

I've had a little look at my statistics since I moved to playing more or less all the time at Pacific. Since the 11th December I have averaged +27 dollars per week. Most interesting is the variance. The worst week was -16 and the best week was +81. So long as I can keep it in those areas I should continue to do ok. My next objective is to get to 600 dollars in total, when I will take a look at the 1/2 dollar tables.

No comments: