Sunday, February 26, 2006

VARIANCE SUCKS.

Ladbrokes: 44 dollars
Pacific: 376 dollars
Party: 125 dollars

Total: 535 dollars

A difficult week. The Party account is the one where I've had the troubles. First of all I was doing really well. I found the fishy tables and pushed my Party account up into the 190's. Then it started. I could do nothing right. No matter what I tried I couldn't win a hand and the bankroll just leaked away. Now I've had downswings before, as any player has, but I've never had anything so prolonged as this. In the end, when I was down 28 dollars on the week, I just packed in Party and played on Pacific instead. Up 18 dollars there, no problem, to finish -10 for the week.

The end result is no great loss then (except the time put in achieving it) but the problem is that downspells like that they really sap your confidence and that in turn affects your game. You find yourself having to talk yourself into raises that would have been automatic before and avoiding slow playing strong hands because you can't countinence the thought of losing out on a good hand when it finally arrives. Let's hope I have put it behind me.

Just to finish the whinging, a hand that really had me spitting feathers! I had KK late, which I raise. Three callers. Flop comes 259 rainbow. I bet, two call. J on the turn. I bet, one caller. Another J on the river. I bet, he raises, I call. He had J6 off. Sometimes there is no justice.

2 comments:

CC said...

Consolidate the bankroll. I've found I play worse when underbankrolled on a site, for what it's worth.

Rosie said...

No justice, my friend. You'll get them next time.