Sunday, March 12, 2006

BLOOD ON THE TABLES.

Ladbrokes: 61 dollars
Pacific: 336 dollars
Party: 107 dollars

Total: 504 dollars

A truely awful week. I got slaughtered on Pacific, where I could do no right at all. This seems to be a common theme. I noticed that Jeins and The Edge have also been reporting heavy losses on Pacific recently too. Basically it has been a case of being over-run by the fish. I have been getting 3 and 4 players taking on my good hands and beating me up with draws. I "know" that statistically I will come through this if I can keep my game together, but it is hard to play confident poker when you are in the middle of such a sustained hammering.

I tried to play a bit on Party by way of variation, but didn't make any impact at all. In the end I was having a session on Pacific where I kept getting disconnected. So I decided to take a look on Laddies where, blow me, I found a ring game at .5/1.00. Butroz was playing too and I actually managed to win a few dollars, which was a pleasant change from proceedings elsewhere. They have upgraded the software and it has been giving me a few problems. The chat facility and the betting buttons are off the bottom of my screen for some reason and the only way I can play is to use the "small screen" facility. I'll have to have a fiddle about and see if I can sort it, since there seem to be games available there that I want to play. I will have to be careful though since my bankroll is so low there now. Having said farewell last week, perhaps I might be back after all.

3 comments:

Maxwell Adams said...

Hey K,

Sorry to hear of your tough times. The dealers must be trying to encourage the fish. Afterall, we don't want them to leave!

What do you think of the new "Poker Bet" (button in top left of Laddies) and chat bubbles? They make it all prettier, but I'm not convinced that they improve the playing experience.

Good luck,

The Edge.

Juice said...

Isnt it strange that Acorn, me, you the edge are all suffering down turns at the same time....

Im starting to suspect that my computer was build on an ancient indian burial ground.

_Kronsdat said...

I'm pleased to report that I seem to have come through it now and my upturn has been, wait for it, on Laddies! I'm +40 at the time of writing and feel really comfortable there. I definitely have the beating of that .5/1.00 game and the good thing is most of them seem to be regulars so I can work them out, which of course you never get to do on Pacific or Party where there are so many players.