Monday, March 20, 2006

BOBBING ALONG.

Ladbrokes: 75 dollars
Pacific: 376 dollars
Party: 114 dollars

Total: 565 dollars

The good news is that I am back in the black this week, not by much but I'm in no mood to quibble. I was actually over 100 on Laddies at one point but a poor session on Friday night saw me fall back from that. The lowlight of the evening was a hand where I had 2Q's late which I raised, getting three callers. The flop came Qc Ah Jc giving me three Q's but concerns about flush and straight possibilities. Under the gun bets and I raise and they all go with me. Turn is Ac. Clearly there is virtually a certain flush out there but I have a house now - the big worry is somebody having something like AJ. There are three of us betting and it caps out. The river is Ad. Ah,ha. Now I have the best house and can only be beaten by someone with the fourth Ace. Under the gun has the fourth Ace. SIGH.

On a brighter note, I think that I have plugged some of the leaks in my game. I detected that I was getting into bad habits with regard to calling for draws when I didn't have the pot odds. Discipline my boy, discipline!

2 comments:

Maxwell Adams said...

Hey Kronsdat,

Glad to hear that your Poker is starting to come along. I have finally got round to returning to limit and have done OK in the last week.

Have you tried Noble Poker? It's the total opposite of Pacific. Tables are VERY tight and timid. So you can force people out with bets, re-raises, bluffs etc... I know it's hard to believe, but my last 3 sessions have been like that.

I even re-raised with bottom pair having raised pre-flop with 23o. I just knew I could induce the fold.

Good luck!

The Edge

_Kronsdat said...

Good to hear from you Edge and nice to know that there are other styles of play out there that don't involve everyone chasing you down to the river. As you can see from my latest post, I'm concentrating on ressurecting my game against the fish at the moment. I need some nice winning sessions to re-establish confidence.