Sunday, June 25, 2006

"SERBIANS OBLIGE; I'M GLAD SOMEBODY HAS"

Neteller: Current $73
CD: Start $94; Last week;$90 Current $69 (-21)
Inter: Start $50; $45(-5)
Total Start $185; Last week $213; Current; $187 (-26)

My slump in fortunes continues. I just can't seem to do anything right at the moment. I hope it turns round soon, as it's a bit dispiriting.

I've decided to join in the competition with "J" and his friends to put $50 into Interpoker and see who is the first to $1000. This may seem a tad optimistic on my part, given current form, but I thought it might perk up my interest a bit. If I'm to be competitive I may have to develop a "no limit" game. That would certainly be interesting. Any thoughts on basic no limit strategy would be of interest.

Meanwhile the Serbs duely obliged with the worst goals against record of the first round. They had me worried when they went two up but duely collapsed and lost 3 - 2. Well done those men.

6 comments:

MiasDaddy said...

Welcome to the challenge! Look forward to seeing you at the tables.

Good luck!

Juice said...

Personally I dont see too much difference between my limit and no limit game. Although i do think pocket pairs are more valuable from any position. No limit allows for massive implied odds when you hit. I think you need to use the lack of betting restrictions to raise agressively preflop and you definately want to be making continuation bets whether you hit or not. I think its just basic poker although to be fair i dont really think im good enough to give advice on the NL front. I just have the roy walker approach. Play what i see. play what i see.

_Kronsdat said...

Well, I'm giving it a bash. No great success so far, but hey, that's to be expected.

Rosie said...

I'm sure you're beating me already Kronsdat

Maxwell Adams said...

Good luck with the challenge. I'm down to $21. ;{

_Kronsdat said...

Thanks for the good wishes - I'm going to need all the help I can get. I took a pasting at No Limit (when my KK's got ambushed by AA's - it was ever thus). I've reverted to Limit and managed to recover to $32 currently. Limit grinding it has to be I think.