Friday, February 01, 2008

Playing short handed.

Neteller: Last week $190; Current $90
PokerStars: Last week $204; Current $199 (-5)
Titan: Last week $105; Current $105 (-)
Littlewoods: Last week $22; Current $22 (-)
Full Tilt: Last week $132; Current $152 (+20)

Total = $568 (+15)

Profit for month $6.

This week I made my main format the 6 player $5 games on FT. Results were:

Played: 11; Won 4; 2nd 1; 3rd 4; 4th 2 for a profit of $28.

I played 6 x 9 player games finishing 2nd twice for a loss of $8.

I seem to have a good feel for the short handed sit and go's and I was particularly pleased at winning 4 out of 5 of my head's up situations. The watchwords in these are patience and aggression. Wait for a hand in the right situation and then go for it vigourously seems to pay dividends for me.

I've only made $6 on the month but I'm not bothered, as this has been a learning experience for me. I think the most significant point is that I have made +52% on the stake I put into Full Tilt and I am running with a positive expectation at this style of poker. The plan now is to get to $200 in FT and then up the stakes I play for and see if I can still run positively. Lose and I drop back down again.

No comments: