Saturday, June 14, 2008

ANOTHER GOOD WEEK

Neteller: Last week $437; Current $437 (-)
PokerStars: Last week $45; Current $45 (-)
Full Tilt: Last week $57; Current $57 (-)
Inter: Last week $31; Current $31 (-)
Big Slick: Last week 141; Current 249 (+108)

Total = $869 (+108)

The improvement in results since I refocussed my game has continued with another excellent week. I concentrated completely on $5.5 10 player SnG's. From the 19 I played the results were:

1st = 3; 2nd = 6; 3rd = 2; 4th = 1; 5th = 1; 6th = 3; 7th = 2;10th = 1.

Cashing in over 50% of games played, especially with a high concentration of wins and seconds is just what is needed. I was particularly pleased with the way my heads up play worked in the games I won, as I was behind in all three of them when the final phase started. It's a vital part of the game. Still work to be done there though, as I lost twice as many as I won.

The 10th place finish (funny how you remember the bad beats best) was a tough one. My limped pair of 9's hit a third on the flop. I went all in over a minimum raise and he called me...and hit a backdoor straight. So it goes.

Meanwhile the change of tactics in the live game at the Cricket Club paid off with a win. I limped a lot more hands early on (since there is very little pre flop raising - except from me), picking up a couple of nice pots with decent flops. In the middle and late phase I picked off the calling stations mercilessly and that was enough to see me home.

No comments: