Saturday, June 07, 2008

TURN AROUND IN FORM

Neteller: Last week $437; Current $437 (-)
PokerStars: Last week $47; Current $45 (-2)
Full Tilt: Last week $57; Current $57 (-)
Inter: Last week $31; Current $31 (-)
Big Slick: Last week 155; Current 141 (+46)

Total = $761 (+44)

The week started with my lousy run of form in the Blogger continuing when my AK ran into AQ and was beaten by a four flush on the river.

I then decided to put in a bit of work on my game, rereading the Moshman book on mid-blind play in particular and it paid immediate dividends with a decided improvement in results.

I only played 8 ten man $5 games but the results were...

1st = 2; 2nd = 2; 3rd = 1; 5th = 3.

One of the reasons was that I was able to ride out bad beats such as AA losing to J10 off hitting a straight and KQs losing to K10 hitting a 10 on the river, because they happened when I was sufficiently ahead to have some chips left to play with. I ended up winning the KQs game for instance.

The main things I am doing better are noting the passive players so that I can attack them at the mid and higher blind levels and going over the top of mid and high blind limpers. This is putting me in a much better position in games.

1 comment:

Maxwell Adams said...

Well done on turning things around. I've just turned from good to bad, losing two SNG's on the trot. Oh well.

Hope to see you in one of this weekend's tournies!

Donkey Face.