Saturday, June 28, 2008

A WIN AT LAST

Neteller: Last week $437; Current $437 (-)
PokerStars: Last week $35; Current $35 (-)
Full Tilt: Last week $57; Current $57 (-)
Inter: Last week $31; Current $31 (-)
Big Slick: Last week 247; Current 247 (+17)

Total = $879 (+17)

Profit on the month = $157

Profit on the year = $312

The poker week went pretty much like the previous one. I bobbed along neither winning or losing much with 2nd's and 3rd's offsetting losing games until, finally, glory be, I won one! Therein is my profit for the week = happiness :-)

The stats read...

10 man $5.5 games = 16

1st = 1; 2nd = 2; 3rd = 5; 4th = 2; 5th = 2; 6th = 2; 7th = 2.

So, I seem to be able to cash about 50% of the time, which has to be reasonable. The trick is to turn more cash spots into first places - I will put in some work on that aspect of the game.

If I can put in another profitable month at $5.5 games then I'll have a think about moving up to $10 games. I don't think they are especially tougher but obviously the swings in bankroll are liable to be larger. In the last month my longest losing sequence was 4 and my longest winning sequence was 4 also. Sharkscope has me at an roi of 15% at Big Slick, which is quite good considering it contains my big downswing in May.

Onwards and upwards!

2 comments:

Juice said...

When you are around the bubble do you find yourself being the aggressor or waiting for the bubble to break?

_Kronsdat said...

Good question J. The answer in my case is the old poker response, "it depends".

If I have some very loose aggressive players left with me I tend to be more cautious, otherwise I am quite aggressive at this point and that has been both good and bad for me. The bad is getting called going all in with something like 910s by AK or AQ. The good side is that quite often I can get myself up to a decent sized stack if nobody has a hand they can call me with.

On the whole I prefer to be aggressive at the bubble, but I think you have to watch out for guys who will call you lighter than normal.