Saturday, June 21, 2008

"A pair of sixes."

Neteller: Last week $437; Current $437 (-)
PokerStars: Last week $45; Current $35 (-10)
Full Tilt: Last week $57; Current $57 (-)
Inter: Last week $31; Current $31 (-)
Big Slick: Last week 249; Current 247 (-2)

Total = $857 (-12)

Pretty much standstill stuff on the week, mainly due to being sadly unable to convert any of my cash finishes into a 1st.

The stats go...

$5.5 10 man games.

Played: 12; 2nd = 2; 3rd = 4; 4th = 2; 5th = 1; 6th = 1; 7th = 1; 8th = 1.

$5.5 6 man games.

Played: 2: 4th = 2.

One game where I finished 4th was particularly irritating. With the blinds at 150/300 I went all in with QQ, got called by AA and lost. I battled my way back into it, went all in with JJ and was called by Aces again. No way back that time...SIGH.

Still at least I am still cashing 50% of the time, so I should make progress if I continue playing to the same standard.

The headline refers to an amusing little incident at the local cash game the other night (I won again). One of the novice players called down someone placing big bets on every street. The bettor shows top pair top kicker (AK) and the caller announces "a pair of sixes"...(Bettor looks triumphant and reaches for the pot)..."to go with that one there!"

No comments: